Asian-inspired cucumber salad
This cucumber salad is delicious, quick and easy to make. The temperature is slowly rising and the LAST thing I want to do is turn on my oven or stove top and cook. I’m craving more fresh vegetables, light food, and greens. I’ve been playing around with this recipe for a while. This Asian-inspired salad and superfood dressing will definitely be a favorite this summer, I’m sure!
Yes! You heard right. The combination of turmeric powder, moringa powder, kava kava and raw honey makes this dressing a delicious and ultra healthy addition to your life. Moringa powder is great for inflammation, a great source of iron and is healing and detoxifying. Kava Kava root powder improves mood and is said to help anxiety, as well as stimulate dopamine receptors. Raw Honey has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties, while carrying highly potent enzymes.
What you’ll need:
- Spiralizer (For those who have asked, I use this spiralizer, and I’ve been obsessed since!)
- Salad bowl
- 2 seedless cucumbers
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. organic rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp. organic sesame seed oil
- 2-3 tbsp. raw honey to taste
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. moringa powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 tsp. kava kava root powder (optional)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- For the dressing: Whisk together in a bowl the rice vinegar, lime juice, kava kava powder, moringa, raw honey, sesame seeds, and turmeric powder. Add salt to taste. Set aside
- User your spiralizer to cut cucumbers and carrots into a long noodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a julienne peeler instead.
- Place the spiralized cucumber into a strainer and toss with 1 tsp. kosher salt. Let the cucumber drain for 10-15 minutes to remove excess water.
- Once the cucumber has been drained, spread all noodles onto a layer of paper towels, or a clean dish towel, and gently pat out as much moisture as you can. Place the “noodles” into a large bowl, and add 2-3 TBSP dressing, to coat. Toss to combine, then garnish with additional sesame seeds, sliced scallions, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Notes for Asian-inspired cucumber salad:
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one day. Please keep in mind that the cucumber will continue to release excess water as it sits. Drain the water from the bottom of the bowl before eating if the salad becomes soupy.
To create a completely vegan dish, add raw agave nectar instead of honey for salad dressing.