Raw Avocado Vegan Detox Soup
I can’t take full credit for this recipe. It’s been a recipe I’ve zested up from some cook book I read a few years back. Either way, original recipe of not, this raw avocado detox soup is spectacular and a definite must-try! This is a great challenge if you’re not familiar with eating vegan or even raw vegan meals. Give this “soup” a try. It’s full of amazing vitamins, antioxidants, and so much more.
Why is this called “soup” if you eat it raw & don’t cook it?
Although for this recipe to be fully raw means that this soup would not be cooked, it does not mean you’ll be slurping down a cold bowl of green muck. I call this recipe a “soup” in very loose terms. Go into this recipe knowing it won’t be hot in temperature. Kick it up a notch- adding turmeric, cayenne, ginger to this recipe adds all the heat you could want!
How is this recipe “detoxifying”?
There are many detoxifying properties within the ingredients of this soup. While the video tutorial of this recipe, you can read along with all the benefits each ingredient has. Detoxifying properties include:
- Combined ingredients are alkaline food which help balance your PH
- Jalapeno has Vitamin C which boosts your immunity
- Jalapeno contains capsicum which contains many antioxidants
- Ginger contains gingerol and helps reduce inflammation
- Avocados contain cytochromes that benefit the colon in aiding detoxification
1/2 Bok Choy
2 Tbsp. White Miso
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 inch knob of ginger
Dash of Salt, Turmeric, Cayenne
+ Any other spices you wish to add
1. Rinse produce
2. Add ingredients to blender
3. Add a little water if your have trouble blending
4. Blend on smoothie / shake setting